Friday, April 3, 2009

Going green, or going crazy?

Well, I did it. I started using cloth diapers! I haven't switched completely, but we're hoping to only use disposables for trips to the grocery store until we get enough to switch completely! We've even thought about making our own baby food, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here. For now we will stick to the diapers. If any of you are thinking about switching let me know, I know lots of great places to get diapers! Oh, and you can't really find them in stores. Currently we are using Bum Genius and G-diapers (with a Gerber prefold). Grace is modeling her G-diaper. Happy diapering!

2 comments:

Marty said...

So, what's the motivation for cloth diapers? Saving money, saving the environment? Sounds like a good idea, either way -- how much messier is it?

Actually, making your own baby food is probably a really good idea, too. Get a nice blender and go heavy on the veggies and fruits. :) Good idea for you two, also; Sheila and I have been drinking fruit smoothies (with spinach) and eating more vegetables. One day when we get a house, we'll plant a garden and save some money, too.

Good luck!

Deanna said...

I don't really know. I just figured I'd try it. Some days are easier than others, but for the most part it isn't so bad. The best thing about cloth diapers is that your house doesn't smell like dirty diapers. I will help you when you guys get a kid. The way we see it, the economy is so bad disposable diapers might become pretty expensive in the next five years. Haven't quite gotten the baby food making yet. Grace seems to prefer the store bought stuff. Maybe they add a bunch of sugar or something.