Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Computer Viruses

I seem to be getting them a lot lately. Yesterday I got one that basically froze up my computer. I couldn't access anything, especially not the internet. After many frustrating hours and $50 we concluded that the program that "offered" to delete all the viruses on my computer (38 to be exact) was actually responsible for putting them there. It blocked everything on my computer and didn't go away even after I un-installed it.

Erik called our bank and told them to shut off our cards and send us new ones. Then he called the company to figure out a few things. First, why they are the ones who billed us when they have a totally different name than the software, and second to tell them off for ripping people off by sending this virus that disguises itself as anti virus software. They said there wasn't anything they could do for us, but that they would try to give us a refund. He also told them that according to an article he read, their company is being investigated for fraud. Do not go to chrpay.com

So now I did what a friend suggested, I cleared all my history and passwords on my computer. Now I have to try to remember them all, lol. I should probably change them.

So whatever you do, don't go browsing for pictures on Google, look out for a program called Secure Systems (or something like that, their logo is black and yellow) and don't ever buy anti virus software from a company with the word Duck in their name.

Oh, and I ran my other anti virus software today (because I could now, it was updated yesterday) and it found 2 torjans and deleted them, ironically the little shield on my tool bar for the other software finally disappeared.

No comments: