Let me take a moment to talk to you about depression.
It is a disease.
A mental disease.
Something that, I believe, will not simply go away with the right medication.
Something, I believe, I will struggle with for the rest of my life.
There are people who don't believe it is real. That those of us who claim to have it could get rid of it if we loved ourselves more, exercised more, ate healthier, and a myriad of other "solutions" And, though, these things help, they will not "cure" a person of their depression. The cure lies within ourselves. And like I said, there may not be a "cure" it might be something you (or I) struggle with for the rest of your life.
I believe the solution starts with positive thinking, and changing the way we react and feel about things in our lives. If we stop for a second and look at the big picture, we may find something that brings us hope. A glimmer of peace, a beacon in the darkness. Whatever you call it, it's there. And it's real.
Once you find that glimmer of hope, cling to it. Don't let go of it. Then try to find more and hold on to them as well. For me, I have been truly blessed in my life. I have a good family who loves me, and wonderful children who love me no matter what. They are true examples. They are quick to forgive and offer a hug. It's no wonder church leaders are always saying we should be like little children.
So, I pose a challenge. A challenge to all my readers. If you find yourself in a rut, it's ok, but don't let it conquer you. Get up, dust yourself off and say "well, that didn't work. let's try something else." Move forward. That's all that matters. Today I will do better in one area or another than I did yesterday, and expound on that every day. Eventually, my hope is that the dark clouds will not have just parted but will be far from sight.
I love you. Thank you for being my beacon of hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment