Thursday, November 13, 2008
old habits die hard
well, here I am at 3am once again playing "baby yo yo" or "baby ping pong" whichever you prefer. I've been fighting hard for 2 months to get Grace on a normal sleeping schedule, and just when I was about to give up a miracle happened! we had one or two good weeks of going to bed before midnight, and then something catastrophic happened: the weekend. daddy decided to stay up later than usual and baby decided she needed to stay up with him. so here we (daddy excluded) are again. going to bed at 3 (or later) and not getting up until 10 (or later). is there no end to this torment? don't get me wrong, I love spending some quiet alone time with my baby, I just wish it was in the "later mornings." it's not that she's not tired, it's just that as soon as the floor creaks or her head hits the mattress her eyes pop open. on top of that, since she's been sleeping so sporatically she hasn't been eating as much, which I guess is ok since the doctor told us to back off the formula a little and give her juice more often. but I think she needs more than 18oz or so in a day, doesn't she? since I try not to give her more than 4oz at a time after 10pm (which complicates things more when she doesn't finish it and wakes for more an hour later), and she doesn't wake until the afternoon she is only really getting a full bottle 3 times a day. it's driving me nuts! I've tried to keep her awake more during the day but she just screams. come to think of it, that's what she does late at night too. I don't know what to do, I am at my wits end. I've tried everything, but it takes 3-5 tries on average to get her to stay asleep in her crib. on the bright side, once she gets to sleep its 6-10 hours before she's awake again. it's not collic or anything, but I wonder if she has some separation anxiety. is that possible? she wakes up because she is alone? I don't know. I just needed to get out some frustration. thanks for your time, now if you'll excuse me, someone thinks she is hungry again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Deanna I know that frustration! We have always had sleeping issues with Clara! The book on this link was an awesome help with both girls. It worked better with Sabrina than Clara...but it still helped me mold her sleep patterns. http://www.kidshealthnotes.com/2008/01/10/healthy-sleep-habits-happy-child/
I wish I could help... I never really had a problem with this sort of things with my two babies. Hang in there! You can do it!! Sorry I can't be much help other than a cheerleader. ^_^
Post a Comment