Monday, January 12, 2009
living in Long Island
it has been difficult adjusting. for those of you who know me well know I do not like being around too many people for too long, and that I am not a dog person. I am currently living with 2 dogs 3 adults and one baby in addition to Erik and Grace. Now it will be 3 babies. Katelyn came on my birthday (januray 10) so they are still in the hospital but should be coming home soon. I didn't have a great birthday, given the fact that we had to babysit Alex and the 2 dogs all day without any help. a couple of times I was by myself because Erik needed to go to the store. how do you do it?? I have a huge respect for those of you who have 2 babies. I can't do it. I am happy with just one for now. I never realized how needy Grace can be sometimes (which is constantly being pointed out to me now). I hurt my back carrying both babies around saturday. it was like having a 20lb weight in each hand. at least Alex can walk, that made things easier. life is a little stressful here because of all of us living together. the house is a wreck and no one wants to do anything about it but me. Erik's mom is very grateful for my obsessive cleaning. needless to say my school work is suffering. I don't want to leave Erik (meaning live with my parents until he gets a good job) but if I stay here much longer I may have a nervous breakdown. any of you who have ever spent any time with your in-laws know how stressful it can be. then again, my mom isn't much better when it comes to telling me how to be a mother. ugh! why can't I do what I want? she's my baby. I know she's spoiled, but sometimes I pick her up because I need a hug, you know what I mean? anyway, I don't mean to complain. it hasn't been as bad as I thought in a lot of ways, but some days it is still too much to bear. the people here are very nice. we just need our own place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Girl I have to hand it to ya. I love my in-laws but once you've had your own place, it's hard moving back in with the fam! If you ever need to talk, just call me or e-mail me! Good luck with the job hunt and living with the in-laws.
I feel SO bad for you. But I KNOW that it does get better when you have your OWN place out here. Nobody to tell you how to raise your baby!! I cant wait to get ya out of there next week! You are doing a GREAT job! Keep up the good work and know that you are not alone. Call me if you ever need anything =)
Post a Comment