Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Ups and downs

A couple of weekends ago we went to NY to visit again. It wasn't bad, but our whole schedule was thrown off again. We got stuck in traffic for 2 hours on the way home so got to bed around 5am. Not to mention I was feeling a little carsick on the way up.

The first couple of days when Grace slept in I thought that was the reason, but then tuesday she got a fever. A lot of people told me that fevers come and go with teething so not to make a big deal out of it, which I tried.

But on wednesday when her fever hit 102 we went to the ER (because the doctor's office was already closed). After 6 hours, they concluded that there was nothing wrong with her but I should keep giving her tylenol, UGH! It hit 103 at the hospital.

Despite the drowsiness, Grace was very talkative but extra snuggly. I was so relieved when the fever was gone, but then I noticed she was getting a little rash.

My dad and I figured it was just heat rash until it got a little out of hand! We called the nurses hot line (not wanting to be in the hospital another 6 hours). They concluded is was Roseola/baby measles. Great! We had just taken Grace shopping and exposed her to who knows how many kids. Besides being a little grumpy and snuggly, the ailment didn't bother Grace much.

Now that she's feeling better she is talking up a storm! I can't even remember all the words she's been saying! She now has 3 teeth and is 14 months old. She also learned the sign for baby and started hugging and kissing her toys. Oh, and she stood unsupported for one whole second on sunday (but she doesn't believe she can do it so she won't do it again).

Of course, I am feeling a little under the weather now, but that's ok, it's probably just allergies ;)

Here are some pictures of Grace's poor little rashy body(a lot worse in person, all red), and a couple of other cute pictures. Her hair is getting so long!

No comments: