
monday night my baby suddenly had a terrible stomach ache which caused her stomach to become very hard. she was grunting and in terrible pain for a few hours before she was able to pass anything. finally after she did she felt a little better, but not great. and because of all her efforts, she had a fierce fever that would not go away. needless to say, we took her to the emergency room where they took out a lot of blood and did a spinal tap to see if they could find what was wrong. some of the tests came back inconclusive, and we never heard anything about the other tests. they sent us home at 4 am with instructions to give her tylenol every 4 hours and call the doctor in the morning. so we did. the doctor then told us that they still didn't know what is wrong, but maybe pneumonia or a virus or some kind of bacteria? he gave us some medicine that basically kills all the bacteria in her intestines and something like yogurt to replace them. so the fever is gone, but she has diarrhea. we can't win! despite all this, she still finds reasons to laugh and smile, can you believe it? what a sweet little girl I have! it makes it all worth while to see her smile at me.
1 comment:
I didn't know you had a blog. I'm so excited to hear from you guys. Your little girl is so cute. Sorry she has been sick. That is no fun. I hope they find out what is wrong. It's amazing how tough ans sweet little babies are. I bet you love being a mom.
Post a Comment