a few weeks ago I volunteered to make a dress for a girl I know who said she was sad she couldn't afford a christmas dress for her baby. by the time I finished it I was debating keeping it for my own baby, but I knew that wasn't right. so instead I tried it on my baby and took some pictures, she looked beautiful but the dress would probably fit only a few more weeks. I am glad I made the right choice, I just hope my friend likes it as much as I do. she doesn't know who it's from, so if you know her please don't tell her, I want to post pictures, but that would be too obvious as to who has my dress. I don't mean to brag, it was just on my mind the last few days. I still wonder if I made the right choice, but I think I did. I was debating on giving them the dress my mom bought at DI for us, it isn't nearly as cute. oh well. I can always make another dress, but it will have to be different material because I don't have enough of the other. If you know anyone else who might want a dress I have a pattern for up to 18 months I think....I'd have to check. then again, with the moving (still don't know where) it might be hard to squeeze in yet another project...hmm. I will post a picture of the dress after I move (if that is appropriate??).
here's the dress my mom bought
2 comments:
I love to sew too! I haven't done it in forever though... I just haven't found the time or any projects that I want to do. Maybe someday... But I think that sewing for a little girl would be much more fun than sewing for a little guy...
I heard from another one of my friends that she was so excited to get the dress that she opted to put that one on instead of the blessing dress her mom made! I am glad they love it as much as I do, it makes me feel very good.
Post a Comment